What is a Household Relief Kit?
This is a pre-packaged kit that contains approximately $55 worth of essential housewares from Portage MCC Thrift Shop. Each kit includes:
- 4 pc. set of Dishes (4 plates, 4 cereal bowls, 4 mugs)
- 4 Glasses/Tumblers
- 12 pcs. of Cutlery
- 1 Salt & Pepper Set
- 5 Basic Utensils
- 1 Pot
- 1 Frying Pan
- 4 Kitchen Knives (2 large, 2 small)
- 1 Pitcher
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Casserole Dish
- 1 Tea Towel
- 1 Dish Cloth
- 4 small Plastic Containers (with lids)
- Add Kit to cart, then Checkout.
- At Checkout, enter the agency discount code (if you have one) and complete the order process. Important: Enter the client's full name in the Billing Address (the address itself should be the agency's).
- Once the order goes through, print the order number or order confirmation (or be prepared to show it on your phone) and present it to the Portage MCC cashier after selecting your items (the order number is your voucher). Alternately, tell the cashier that you have placed an online order and we will look up the details for you.
About Portage MCC Relief Kits
Relief Kits are made for community members in need! They may be purchased directly to be given away, or may be requested at no cost through any of our partner agencies (conditions apply; list of partner agencies is not exhaustive):
- Canadian Mental Health Association: (204) 239-6590
- Child & Family Services: (204) 857-8751
- Family Resource Centre: (204) 595-5005
- Michif Child & Family Services: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Harbour: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Pregnancy Support Centre: (204) 240-4357
- The Salvation Army: (204) 239-7213
Social Agencies: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code approval. Once registered, you may place orders for your clients at no cost to you. Simply print or send a digital copy of the order number or receipt to the client and send them to Portage MCC for pick-up (in the case of pre-assembled items such as the Baby Clothing Relief Kit or Housewares Relief Kit, send the client to the Thrift Shop Donation Doors, located at the rear of the store off Volunteer Way/Howie Avenue).