What is an Emergency Clothing/Footwear Aid Coupon?
This is an in-store coupon that may be redeemed for up to $20 worth of select clothing or footwear at Portage MCC Thrift Shop. If assessed by a partner agency, clients may be issued a free coupon (limit one per person to a maximum of one in 30 days). The following items are eligible to be redeemed with these coupons (items and sizes are subject to availability; new & specialty items are excluded; coupon may be used over the course of 7 days if needed):
- $4 Shirts
- $5 pairs of Pants
- $0.60 pairs of Socks
- $2 pairs of Underwear
- $4 Bras
- $6 Jackets
- $4 Shoes
- $7 Winter Boots
Totaling a maximum of $20
Examples of what you can get for $20:
- 2 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of underwear, & 1 pair of socks.
- 2 pairs of pants, 1 shirt, 1 pair of shoes, & 1 pair of underwear.
- 1 jacket, 1 pair of winter boots, 1 pair of pants, & 2 pairs of socks.
- 2 shirts, 2 pairs of underwear, 1 bra, & 1 pair of shoes.
Ordering and Usage Instructions:
- Ordering (Agency Representative):
- Add Card to cart, then Checkout.
- At Checkout, enter the agency discount code (if you have one) and complete the order process. Important: Enter the client's full name in the Billing Address (the address itself should be the agency's).
- Once the order goes through, print the order number or order confirmation and present it to the client.
- Important: Unless otherwise arranged, coupons may only be redeemed Wednesday through Friday.
- Usage (please share this information with the Client):
- On a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, present the order number to a cashier at the main Cash Desk upon arriving at Portage MCC Thrift Shop. You will be given a coupon listing the items that may be redeemed.
- After selecting your items (remember that the total price may not exceed $20), bring the eligible items and the coupon to the main Cash Desk.
- The cashier will ring in your "purchase", after first asking you to sign that you have received the items.
About Portage MCC Community Aid
Any easy way to help community members in need! Community Aid items may be purchased directly to be given away, or may be requested at no cost through many of our partner agencies (conditions apply; list of partner agencies is not exhaustive):
- Canadian Mental Health Association: (204) 239-6590
- Child & Family Services: (204) 857-8751
- Family Resource Centre: (204) 595-5005
- Michif Child & Family Services: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Harbour: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Pregnancy Support Centre: (204) 240-4357
- The Salvation Army: (204) 239-7213
Social Agencies: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code approval. Once registered, you may place orders for your clients at no cost to you. Simply print or send a digital copy of the order number or receipt to the client and send them to Portage MCC for pick-up (in the case of pre-assembled items such as the Baby Clothing Relief Kit or Household Relief Kit, send the client to the Thrift Shop Donation Doors, located at the rear of the store off Volunteer Way/Howie Avenue). Important: Please ask clients to check in at the main cash desk at the Thrift Shop immediately upon arrival.