What is a Emergency Housewares Aid Coupon?
This is an in-store coupon that may be redeemed for up to $40 worth of select housewares and kitchen linen at Portage MCC Thrift Shop. If assessed by a partner agency, clients may be issued a free coupon based on their level of need (limit one per person to a maximum of one in 30 days). The following items are eligible to be redeemed with these coupons (items and sizes are subject to availability; new & specialty items are excluded; coupon may be used over the course of 7 days if needed):
- $5 Casserole
- $1 Cereal Bowl
- $0.35 Cutlery
- $3 Cutting Board
- $0.60 Dish Cloth
- $0.85 Glass/Tumbler
- $4 Frying Pan
- $1 Kitchen Knife
- $3 Mixing Bowl
- $0.60 Mug
- $3 Pitcher
- $0.85 Plate
- $6 Pot
- $1 Salt & Pepper Shaker Set
- $0.35 Small Plastic Container
- $2 Tea Towel
- $0.60 Utensil
Lower priced items are also eligible.
$40 Gift Card
- 1 Casserole or Frying Pan
- 2 Cereal Bowls
- 8 pieces of Cutlery
- 1 Dish Cloth
- 1 Large Knife
- 3 Mugs
- 2 Plastic Containers
- 3 Plates
- 2 Pots
- 1 Small Appliance
- 4 Tumblers
- 3 Utensils
- Add Card to cart, then Checkout.
- At Checkout, enter the agency discount code (if you have one) and complete the order process. Important: Enter the client's full name in the Billing Address (the address itself should be the agency's).
- Once the order goes through, print the order number or order confirmation (or be prepared to show it on your phone) and present it to the Portage MCC cashier after selecting your items (the order number is your proof of purchase). Alternately, tell the cashier that you have placed an online order and we will look up the details for you.
About Portage MCC Community Aid
Any easy way to help community members in need! Community Aid items may be purchased directly to be given away, or may be requested at no cost through any of our partner agencies (conditions apply; list of partner agencies is not exhaustive):
- Canadian Mental Health Association: (204) 239-6590
- Child & Family Services: (204) 857-8751
- Family Resource Centre: (204) 595-5005
- Michif Child & Family Services: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Harbour: (204) 239-5234
- Prairie Pregnancy Support Centre: (204) 240-4357
- The Salvation Army: (204) 239-7213
Social Agencies: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code approval. Once registered, you may place orders for your clients at no cost to you. Simply print or send a digital copy of the order number or receipt to the client and send them to Portage MCC for pick-up (in the case of pre-assembled items such as the Baby Clothing Relief Kit or Household Relief Kit, send the client to the Thrift Shop Donation Doors, located at the rear of the store off Volunteer Way/Howie Avenue). Important: Please ask clients to check in at the main cash desk at the Thrift Shop immediately upon arrival.